Mark Rappaport* is a Principal in Reed Pope’s Business Law and Real Estate Law Groups, focusing primarily on commercial real estate and business transactions, including:
- Business entity formation
- Buying and selling real estate and businesses
- Debt and equity financing
- Commercial leasing
- Real estate development, including subdivisions, bare land strata and building strata
Mark is an entrepreneur at heart who is known for his practical business focused approach toward solving his client’s legal issues.
Mark previously practiced at one of Canada’s leading business law firms, specializing in mergers and acquisitions, commercial transactions, energy, and real estate acquisitions and finance.
Mark, an outdoor enthusiast who enjoys hiking, boating, surfing and fishing, worked as a fishing guide and naturalist in Haida Gwaii and Tofino before entering the practice of law.
*practicing as Mark Rappaport Law Corporation
Education and Qualifications
- Called to the British Columbia Bar (2008)
- Called to the Alberta Bar (2006)
- LLB – Dalhousie Law School (2005)
- BSc – University of Victoria (2001)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Alberta
- Law Society of British Columbia
- Member of CBA Vancouver Island Commercial and Real Estate subsection
- Member of BOMA Victoria
- Member of Greater Victoria Chamber of Commerce
- Urban Development Institute (Capital Region)