Current Opportunities – Lawyers
Reed Pope Business Lawyers is looking for lawyers, or practice groups, to join our expanding team. The ideal candidates will have at least five years experience but we are also interested in speaking with junior lawyers. We offer competitive compensation, good benefits, an advanced technology platform (remote access and document management), an opportunity to work as part of a collaborative team, and a clear path to partnership or competitive terms for associate counsel.
Current Opportunities – Paralegals and Support Staff
Real Estate Practice Support
Reed Pope Law Corporation – www.reedpope.ca – offers a supportive, collegial working environment, flexible working arrangements, benefits and above-market remuneration.
We are looking for a legal assistant or paralegal with at least 2 years’ experience primarily in the areas of commercial real estate transactions and real estate development. Knowledge of and experience with commercial transactions such as leasing, conveyancing of commercial property, purchases and sale of businesses, due diligence and lending (primarily borrower side) is preferred and would be assets in our collaborative working environment.
- Prepare and organize closing documents for commercial transactions including arranging signatures by parties
- Knowledge of trust accounts, receipting and payment of funds, and related duties (does not require bookkeeping or accounting expertise)
- Prepare reporting packages for clients
- Provide support in and develop facility in the preparation of Disclosure Statements
- Finalize and file Disclosure Statements with the Superintendent of Real Estate
- Provide support in and develop facility in the drafting of statutory rights of way, covenants and easements
- Prepare subdivision applications and Form Cs to cover SRWs and covenants and easements
- Land title searches; arranging signatures by parties and registrations generally;
Training, Skills and Experience
- General experience covering all aspects of a real estate development practice
- General experience covering all aspects of commercial transactions
- Knowledge of the Real Estate Development and Marketing Act and Policy Statements
- General knowledge of the Strata Property Act, particularly in relation to land development and land title practice
- Expertise in land title practice; electronic filing, subdivision and strata plan applications, road dedications
- Strong document production skills and solid proficient in MS Word, Excel, Adobe;
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to communicate in a professional, mature and courteous manner;
- Excellent organizational skills including use of a bring forward (BF) system to track critical dates;
- Ability to handle multiple assignments without sacrificing quality or attention to detail;
- Equally comfortable working independently or in a team
Apply to email@example.com
We are always interested to hear from talented paralegals and support staff. If you’d like to learn more about opportunities at our firm, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.