Our Litigation and Risk Management Group provides a wide range of strategies to assist our clients in resolving commercial disputes including: negotiation, risk mitigation, mediation, arbitration, and litigation at all levels of court.
Our in-depth knowledge and expertise allows our litigation and risk management lawyers to formulate strategies that offer practical solutions which reflect our clients’ business objectives.
Our clients include corporate and individual businesses, shareholders, developers, strata corporations, landlords and tenants, owners, local governments, general contractors, design professions, sub-contractors, material suppliers and lenders.
Understanding and successfully navigating the legal aspects of business and local government decision making is critical to our clients’ success and to providing cost-effective solutions for resolving commercial disputes and advising on local government proceedings.
Representative services include:
- Corporate/commercial dispute resolution through negotiation, mediation, arbitration, and litigation
- Shareholder litigation (including fiduciary duty claims, dissenting shareholders, and
- Dispute resolution between developers and strata corporations
- Prosecuting builders lien claims, multi-party lien matters, and all aspects of construction law at all levels of complexity
- Shareholder disputes and negotiations
- Commercial lease disputes
- Shareholder litigation (including fiduciary duty claims, dissenting shareholders, and oppression)
- Local government bylaw enforcement
- Judicial review of bylaw and council resolutions and orders
- Advising municipal council members on conflicts of interest
- Estate and trust litigation