From inception to realization, we advise on all aspects of real estate law from structuring and entity formation, site acquisition, due diligence and debt/equity financing to leasing and construction contracts, development work, marketing, and ultimately achieving the goals associated with project sales.
Our real estate lawyers are practical and business focused. They are up to date and knowledgeable on regulatory compliance, including understanding corporate, real estate, strata, municipal, archaeological and environmental laws, and how to comply with the restrictions associated with marketing development property.
Our clients include individual and corporate developers, strata corporations, investors, landlords, tenants, not-for-profits, and various First Nations.
Representative services include:
- Incorporations, shareholders agreements, joint venture agreements, co-ownership agreements and partnership formation
- Equity financing, including syndicated exempt market offerings
- First place bank and mezzanine debt financing
- Land acquisition and assembly
- Commercial leasing, default strategy and remedies
- Disclosure statements for development property offerings
- Purchase and sale agreements
- Project sales (conveyancing)
- Master planned subdivision and bare land strata developments
- Phased strata plan developments
- Mixed use commercial-residential building strata developments
- Strata property law
- Fractional ownership and timeshare offerings
- Marina and hotel projects
- Municipal agreements, land use planning, zoning, subdivision and regulatory approvals
- Local government bylaw enforcement