John McLeod* is a Principal at Reed Pope Law Corporation, practicing in the areas of corporate and commercial law. John plays a lead role advising individual and corporate clients on mergers and acquisitions, reorganizations, equity financings, debt financings, leasing and governance. John also assists with establishing and administering First Nations fisheries enterprises. John has over 25 years’ experience drafting a wide range of commercial agreements and structuring and completing transactions.
John previously worked with two leading business law boutique firms in Vancouver and with Baker & McKenzie in London, England. John is a Director of Nuu-chah-nulth Seafood Development Corporation, NCN Cannery Corporation (majority owner of St. Jean’s Cannery) and Victoria Symphony, and a former director of Our Place Society. John is also an eight-time rider with Team Finn, Ride to Conquer Cancer.
*practicing as John C. McLeod Law Corporation
Education and Qualifications
- Called to the British Columbia Bar (1995)
- BA (Economics) University of British Columbia (1990)
- LL.B. (Distinction) University of Alberta (1994)
- LL.M. University of Cambridge (1997)
- Law Society of British Columbia
- Law Society of England and Wales (1997 – non-practicing)
- Canadian Bar Association