Sandra Raath is an Associate with Reed Pope Law Corporation and practices as part of the firm’s Business Law Group. Sandra’s practice focuses primarily on corporate and commercial transactions and general corporate matters, including:
- Corporate structuring
- Drafting and negotiating commercial agreements
- Purchases and sales of businesses
- Financing of early-stage companies
- Equity financing for private companies as well as prospectus offerings in the public market
- Securities compliance
Sandra has worked with clients in a variety of industries including technology, biotechnology, finance and transportation.
Sandra previously worked at one of Canada’s leading business law firms, where she specialized in advising issuers and financial underwriters in connection with public and private equity financings, mergers and acquisitions and plans of arrangement. She also provided advice on corporate reorganizations, take-over bids, debt financings, regulatory compliance and disclosure obligations.
Sandra currently teaches a Business Law course at Royal Roads University and is a member of the board and the Corporate Secretary for Habitat for Humanity Victoria.
Sandra is a Victoria native and enjoys spending her free time traveling and dabbling in photography.
Education and Qualifications
- Called to the British Columbia Bar (2013)
- JD – University of British Columbia (2012)
- BSc – (Honours with Distinction) – University of Victoria (2009)
- Director and Corporate Secretary of Habitat for Humanity Victoria
- Associate Faculty at Royal Roads University
- Executive Member of the CBABC Young Lawyer’s Victoria section
- Canadian Bar Association
Law Society of British Columbia (2013)
Vancouver Bar Association